Monday, January 4, 2010

FORWARD

We are now in the year of 2010 which is not just a new year but a new decade. For this reason I decided to try something alil different to start off this new decade. Usually I am not the type of guy to 1) share his feelings with the world, or 2) start off a new year with some sort of direction since I am guided and lead by my LORD Jesus. Now last year was an amazing year were I graduated law school, passed the NYS Bar and gave my second sermon at my church but I feel since this is the start of a new decade that I should try something new to further better myself. Therefore, I decided to start a blog, this way I can express my thoughts, concerns etc... possibly getting feedback from ppl out there in internet land and maybe even encourage someone out there with my words.

So lets start, this year I decided to make it the year of "moving FORWARD". Now this may seem like a novelty but I feel that it is an interesting concept that most ppl take for granted. Moving FORWARD as a concept is exactly what it sounds like, you continue to move forward in your life. Now most of the time when a person moves forward have the tendency to look back and dwell upon past decisions, accomplishments, mistakes or failures (which I have fallen prey of myself)which does not allow them to fully move FORWARD. You hinder your self when your train of thought is "if only I did this different" or "where would I be if I did it this way" since we cannot go back and change the past. Look at it this way say you are walking and your shirt gets caught on a fence without you noticing, you will continue to move forward but after a while you will get caught up and cannot move forward any longer until you free yourself from that particular obstacle. This is the same way we should treat our life as we move forward, of course taking your past into consideration but learning from it and moving on not dwelling on it, allowing it to control you.

Moving FORWARD is my new motto for this new decade and I have high hopes for what it can teach me as I continue to move forward in my goals and my life in general. So lets all move FORWARD together understanding our past but not letting it control us :)! Also check out Mali Music Forward (I provided the link in the comment section). It basically completely encompasses my motto for this year. Well to all who read this I wish you a great decade of moving FORWARD and thank you for reading. GOD BLESS you all!!!

2 comments:

  1. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMUawndpm8E

    ReplyDelete
  2. i honestly have no comment.. just want to say that this is exactly what i needed to read at this very moment.. thanks man.. good stuff. Will definitely keep following..

    ReplyDelete