Sunday, January 24, 2010

Who am I?

This past weekend I was attending a church function where my girlfriend's brother was being installed as a Youth Pastor. It was a nice service but he said something that stirred me and now is the topic for this blog post. He stated that as Christian we have started to lose our identity, allowing the world to influence the ways of the Church and not the other way around. So he stated that to change this we have to figure out our identity first so that we can move forward and project this identity to the world.

This train of thought had me thinking of "who am I?" and then inspired me to share this thought with the rest of the world hopefully allowing everyone to take a look inside and see who they really are. Well who am I? I am a Christian first of foremost but that does not fully explain all of my quirks even though it influences quite a bunch of them... well I am also a son, a brother, a friend, a gamer (in the video game sense, not the player sense LOL), a singer, a youth pastor, a soon to be lawyer (as soon as I get admitted) and a confidant. But those are all titles that describe me and can be seen from the surface therefore I figured I needed to go a bit deeper to fully understand and see the purpose of this exercise. While digging deeper I discovered I was compassionate yet selfish at times, likes being alone with my thoughts at times yet needy at other times. I also realized that I was loving, kind, passionate, silly, crazy energetic, sometimes rash, but usually thinks in black and white. This being the initial look into the mirror I figured it would be clarifying and it was, but it is far from over. I plan to over the year continue to look at myself and examine myself, goals, motives, and dreams hopefully coming to a full understanding of my inner workings and solidifying my identity to the world!

Therefore, I would challenge everyone to examine themselves a few times this year. Now I don't mean just look at the surface of urself but truly dive deep and you will be surprised about what you come up with!!! And as always I leave you with a song that embodies the post. The Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson I feel is the perfect song for this post. So move forward while evaluating. Well until we meet again GOD BLESS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment