It has been a while huh, yeah I know but hey I am coming with the fire LOL! A lot has been going on with me and it took a while before I have been able to get quiet time to sit, think and write! Well today's blog post is about one of my favorite subjects out there: MUSIC!!!
Now we all know that music can affect your inner workings, it can make you sad, it can make you happy, heck it can even give you that extra push that you need to accomplish any task at hand. Music to me is one of my outlets to express my joy, my sadness and my accomplishments.
I have been singing from a very young age and have learned that music can tell a story, can lift spirits and move people to unseen heights. A lot of the music today is garbage but there are definitely from diamonds in the rough!
A lot of people don't seem to understand that music has the power to affect you on levels that most other media cannot get into and that you need to guards up around certain types of music. Now I am not saying that you need to completely stop listening to a type of particular music but I am saying everything should be done in moderation. Well that is enough of my soap box.
Now here is a little exercise for everyone. Think about your top five songs that are always in rotation and illicit some sort of reaction or strong emotion from you. Once you have thought of them put them in the comments sections so I can see what type of music everyone likes (and may even take some to download for myself LOL). Here are mine to start up the conversation (IN particular order LOL yours does not have to be of course): 5) Luther Vandross: a house is not a home; 4) Tony Terry: With You; 3) n*sync: Gone; 2) New Edition: Can you Stand the Rain; and 1) BoyzIIMen: On Bended Knee (man they need to come back out; favorite group of all time)!!
Thanks everyone for reading and I hope I see a bunch of hits in the comments section comparing and enjoying the wonderful feeling music can bring!!! Enjoy and GOD BLESS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment