Sunday, March 28, 2010

Commitment

Afternoon everyone, I don't know but I just have so much to talk about as of late lol! Well this post was actually inspired by something that my pastor said today in church . . . it resonated so much with my that I came str8 home and shared with Facebook! But after seeing that I could not express the way I was fully feeling through that post I figured this would be a great way to do so.

First what was the quote you ask, well here it is "Commitment brings out the true character of a person". Profound isn't it. My pastor was using it to so how committed Christ was to the redemption plan, even committed enough to die for all the sin of the world. But he also explained it on a human level stating that we see a person true character in any aspect of life when they are truly committed to the endeavor whether it is marriage, work and the like. He then goes on to attach it to keeping your word when you state something. Therefore if you are committed then no matter what you will keep your word.

After hearing this I started to think on the subject for a bit and I saw it was so true. We all know that your character is who you are and until you are truly committed to something then you cannot show your true and honest character. What I mean by this is that people hardly open up to strangers or strange activities, and doing so would be deemed as weird to some people. It is not until the person is truly comfortable with the person or the situation that they tend to open and display true aspects of their character.

And once your true character is fully out there on the table do you start to give you all. And once you give your all that is all anyone can ask of you. So when you look at circumstances and wonder why either it did not work out to your benefit or you find yourself bored and complacent you just need to ask yourself are fully committed to this circumstance? If the answer is no then you need to ask yourself if the circumstance is worth your true commitment and if it is not then you need to get out right away! This is not a perfect guideline but it is a guideline that should help is some circumstances.

Well I got everything out that I wanted to say, I may actually have more to say at a later date, I might just label it Commitment (Reprise) lol! Well I thank you for reading and I would definitely like to read your comments on this topic as well as my other posts. Do you feel my guideline is any good or do you feel you should work harder. Hey I am open to all views. Hit the comment box and lets have a great conversation. Thanks again for reading and remember as always GOD IS GOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment