Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Life of an Esq.

Hey everyone I know I already put up "The Life" Post but now I feel that I should shed some light on the Esq. portion of my life (especially since it has been half a year since I started). It may seem like a huge advertisement but hey I am having some much fun I need to share it all LOL.

I started in April as a Paralegal with my current office. As a paralegal I just helped with closing, will drafting, probating of estate and others things here and there. Once May rolled around and I got admitted to the Bar of NYS I started to handle many in depth cases and closings (with help of course). Also did small representations of clients in criminal and bankruptcy court just enjoying the life.

I then started as a full-fledged lawyer in September were I actually got my first clients and started to take on more of the firms clients by my self :). It has definitely been a journey and it continues to grow day after day. Just tomorrow I am going to search a premises for a Will (and that was just the beginning of the day).

You have to love what you do and I definitely understand that now especially when I am getting calls at all hours of the night or an email that says something needs to be done right away. It can get pretty fast paced, but you just have to be efficient and have a FIRM grasp of the law. With those two qualities you can be a very effective and successful lawyer.

I am also learning alot from the partners in my firm. They are great and take the time to guide me through the various ventures that they have me undertaking. I feel that this is very important for first year lawyers, since without proper guidance you can be doomed to fall within the same mistakes over and over, which can be costly to a client (and the attorney's license). But I am thankful for the place that the LORD has placed me, and I am listening to what He is saying in this situation.

My time as a lawyer has definitely been a rollercoaster but I am enjoying every up and down. I have been learning every day and through this process I am starting to become an attorney, even though I am still in training!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment