I am here sitting just trying to make sense as to why another black body had to be snuffed out before his time. Why did another black life have to be taken from his family, from his friends, even from acquaintances. That his son had to break down on national TV yelling Daddy, Daddy ...
As I sit here I am more than just infuriated, sad and depressed that this has happened AGAIN. But with all these feelings one thought kept coming to mind "Something has to change and change now." This thought has got me moving towards action and moving towards change with like-minded individuals. With a need to make this change in a unified manner showing this nation that it is not their right to continually execute us anywhere in this country without any recourse ...
This has to stop ... there has to be a point where we figure out that this is not something that we should get used to any longer ... there has to be accountability, there has to be change period ... Now I know that I don't have any of the answers but I do know that a collective of black minds can definitely come up with solution for the problem facing some many black bodies in the here and now. We need to do something and do it now ...
No comments:
Post a Comment