Hey all, I hope the new year is treating you all right and that you all are moving towards your goals. I must say that this year has started off pretty hectic but I have a feeling that it is going to be incredible and I am looking forward to the coming year.
Now people who know me know that I am a believer of Jesus Christ and this is going to be the topic of my blog today. Well at least a disturbing trend that I have been noticing when it comes to the intellectual discussing my faith. Now anything I say is out of love but it has been really disheartening the way in which unbelievers address me when we are having a regular or cordial conversation and I happen to say "GOD willing" or use GOD in any context. Of course this happens more frequently online, but I am noticing it happening in regular conversation. Now I am not preaching to the person but once I mention the LORD their response have been troubling me.
Now I know the world is supposed to disparage my belief but until recently I have not heard the disparaging comments personally. Yet some always feel that they are doing me a favor by basically stating that I am an idiot for following Jesus Christ. Of course they try to cover up that simple fact with "pretty" and "big" words telling me that a man of my intelligence level should know better than to follow a fairy tale. They try to use "fact" after "fact" to disprove my faith and show that only a fool would believe anything about my belief. Basically because I have faith in something that is not seen or can't be touched then I must not have the intellectual power in order to think for myself and choose the path I wish to go down.
Now I explain this to each person I have a conversation with about this topic but since this is a trend, lets nip this in the bud right now. My choice to follow Jesus Christ is MY CHOICE! No one has the same path in life as another person and as our path differs so do our beliefs. I love each and every person but to disparage my faith based off of your experiences is never the way to go. I came to my decision after various experiences and through rigorous study and they all lead me to the fact that Jesus is the Alpha and Omega. That is were MY life lead me, so there is no reason to insult my intelligence just because that was my choice. Now I dont push my faith on anyone (people who know me know this to be true) but I allow my life to be an example for others to follow and if you decide to follow Christ because of my example then GOD be Praised. Therefore as I do not push my opinion on anyone thus I would greatly appreciated if you did not try to force me to believe what you believe. Because as your life brought you to your place my life brought me to mine. I know this applies to other Christians who also have noticed this disturbing trend.
In closing I just leave you all with two things ... One is a verse from 2 Peter 4: 14-16, which states: 14 If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. 15 If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. 16 However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.
And two one of my favorite songs right now by the United Tenors and the title of this blog "My GOD is Real"
Enjoy the rest of your day and be blessed!!! Until we meet again!!! Love you all and GOD love yall too!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment