I decided that I am going to start up doing blogs based on songs that incite me to write something. I was going through some songs over the past week and Jazmine Sullivan: In Love With Someone Else really hit a cord with me.
Before we begin here is a link to the song (or it might be the actual youtube video, first time adding a link lol), listen and let it marinate :).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLJFjrwT0VI (copy and paste ppl, finding it hard to actually link it LOL)
Now that we have listened and thought on the song, what feelings does this song invoke in you. Well personally this songs hits home for me because I actually went through this once about 6-7 years ago. Man it hurt to hear that even though I was possibly better for her than the dude that she was with she still chose him over me. It was definitely a blow. But you shake it off, because you definitely grow stronger from incidents like this.
Now the reason for this blog is not to bear my soul but to ask a question. Is this situation Love or is it more Lust. Now we all know that Lust lingers for a bit (supposedly) and then fades but Love last for an eternity . . . Also I hear that Love is usually rational and plays out the outcome, while Lust goes after its own selfish desires not caring about who it hurts along the way.
So what are your thoughts is this song telling you a tale of Lust or Love . . . have you ever been in a situation like this if so SHARE :) . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment