Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Music for my Soul: Cee Lo Green feat Melanie Fiona: Fool for You

Ok here is my story and I am sticking to you . . . was in the car listening to the radio (does not happen often) when I hear this song that I never heard before. The reason why the song caught me was it had such a familiar feel to it that I just had to try and remember what song it was. So I precede to pull out my phone and shazam that sucker lol. After a few seconds I get the name and the artist of the song just to find out it is a version of "Fool For You" (by Cee Lo) that I never heard b4. Now mind you love this song and the familiar feeling was me playing it on repeat whenever it came across my playlist. Moving on, while looking at my Shazam screen I noticed another name there that to my knowledge was not supposed to be on this song and it just happened to be one of my favorite female singers (if not my fav) Melanie Fiona.

So now it is a mad dash to find this version of the song so that I can add it to my collection (yes I get very excitable about music that I like). I go str8 to Amazon and they only have songs that are sung by other people but to the style of it as you can see by following this link . . . http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_33?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=fool+for+you+cee+lo+melanie+fiona&sprefix=fool+for+you+cee+lo+melanie+fiona . . . A bit defeated I head to Youtube just to listen to the song and I come to find out that Cee Lo is giving the song away on his FB page. Yes you can definitely guess what I did next. Now I am just in the office by myself working and grooving to this song.

This song triggers that feeling that I get when I am in love, since I love hard and yes can be a fool when in love, making you do things that may not actually be in your character. It is funny I have only been this deep in love twice so I know and feel where this song is coming from.

Well that is the end of my tirade but before I go a question . . . What are some of the things that love has lead you to do that you may not have done otherwise?

Yeah it is nice to be back sharing with yall oh and b4 I forget so yall can groove too here is the link :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EXclbNuXSc&feature=related (copy and paste lets go). Enjoy the rest of your day and may GOD watch over you all :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment